A pretty big update on Resident Evil Wii has been posted bij GamesAreFun. We already knew that the story was about trying to tie up the loose ends between various Resident Evil games. We also knew that the game’s divided in a couple of different scenarios and when you’re done with them there’s plenty more.
It’s great to see Scenario mode has made it back into this game. This was last used in Resident Evil 2 and it was an awesome addition. It extended the game’s replay value by great lengths almost doubling the time it would take you to complete the game if you played both characters. But there’s way more stuff below to get you excited.
- The game consists of 4 chapters: RE1’s mansion, RE2’s RPD, RE3’s city areas and RE4’s village and surrounding locations.
- Each chapter has 2 selectable characters. RE1 includes Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos, while RE4 has Leon and Ada.
- There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game, including Rebecca Chambers, Hunk, and Albert Wesker.
- The game features Quick Time Events ala RE4, but rather than pushing buttons they require motioning with the Wiimote.
- All characters will have melee attacks, just like RE4.
- To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, with variations in health, speed, and other factors.
- New content will be added to the individual chapters, with a primary aim to include more of an Umbrella connection to the RE4 story.
- Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, harkening back to the pre-RE4 games.
- Each character will have a unique set of weapons, and may hold a maximum of 2 weapons at any one time. Chris, for example, gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
- Each stage will feature new weapons such as Richard’s shotgun (RE1), the Desert Eagle (RE2), and the Chicago Typewriter and Krauser’s anti-personnel robots (both RE4).
- After each chapter your data can be saved, unlocking these new weapons for Arcade Mode.
- Arcade Mode will be based on the Mercenaries minigame, where you pick a character and stage and blast your way through it.
- Scenario mode will feature a large number of in-game cutscenes.
A full trailer showing at least of couple of these awesome features should become available during the Tokyo Game Show event which is taking place right now.