Ubisoft has just released new details concerning the upcoming Rayman Raving Rabbids sequel mooted for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS. The French developer promises that in its return, the game will be even “crazier and funnier” than the first, and include even wackier challenges.
The game is based on the story that, since invading the world of Rayman, the pesky Rabbids have another planet in their sights - Earth. After establishing their base in a shopping mall of all places, they begin a training regime, which they hope will lead to them conquering the whole world bit by bit. Rayman’s job of course, is to square up against the impending threat and stop the Rabbids in their tracks. To do this he’ll be infiltrating the very heart of their world by disguising himself as one of googly-eyed creatures.
Thankfully, the Nintendo DS version will take a leaf out of the Wii’s book, focusing more on madcap mini-gaming rather than the somewhat bland platforming action that the original provided DS gamers. Check out all the newly released details below, and don’t forget to head over to our E3 media overload for a look at the first Rayman Raving Rabbids trailer.
Key Features Wii
- New wacky games: 60 brand-new games that spoof popular culture and are even wackier and crazier than those featured in the first Rayman Raving Rabbids.
- All-new party mode: Play co-op or battle your friends simultaneously with up to four players!
- Unique use of the Wii Remote™: Discover new and innovative ways to play with eight types of gameplay, including shaking, precision, dexterity, and balance.
- Rock Out with the Rabbids: Use the Wii Remote as your guitar, drums, or mic as you create and listen to music from the most popular bands around.
- Travel around the world: Take Rayman on a world tour to defend Earth and travel to different regions including the USA, Europe, and Asia. Challenge the Rabbids as they try and infiltrate everyday life.
- Customize Rayman and the Rabbids: Use more than 110 items including skins, hats, accessories, and clothes to dress Rayman, and to create your own Rabbid. Unleash your creativity with over 540K customization combinations.
Key Features DS
- True to the Wii™ version: In terms of humour, Rabbids, and fun! The DS version will follow the same storyline as the Wii version.
- Lots of customization and interaction: Choose from 60 different items to customize your Rabbid. And use the stylus to directly interact with your Rabbid. Touch him, scratch him, punch him, and more!
- New wacky games: The DS version features over 36 games inspired by the Wii verison. All of them use the stylus, dual screen, and DS microphone.
- Rock out with the Rabbids: Use the stylus as your guitar, drums, or mic as you create and listen to music from the most popular bands around.
- Party on the go! With Nintendo Wi-Fi compatibility, you can play against up to four friends simultaneously!
- Unleash your creativity: Create art using the Rabbids that you can then share with your friends.
- Improved engine: 3D graphics and animations that truly push the capabilities of the DS hardware.
- Strong replay value: The DS version features games that are easy to play, but hard to master.
Rayman Raving Rabbids is planned for release this Autumn.