If you haven’t figured, off-road racing fans are in for a treat this year, as in addition to the DiRT sequel and Disney’s new racer Pure, THQ will be bringing forth something new as well. With the founding members of the MX vs. ATV franchise at the helm, Baja is touted to push the envelope of the off-road genre with “revolutionary” physics, expansive racing worlds, and more customization options than you can shake a stick at.
Blurring the line between simulation and arcade, Baja will feature elements from both ends of the racing spectrum. Along with “life-like” vehicle physics, the game hopes to wow racing fans with a support management system which allows you to keep your vehicle’s look and performance in check at all times.
- Baja Off-road: Conquer the toughest terrain Mother Nature has to offer in the definitive off-road endurance challenge.
- Grit and Glory: Overpower hill-climb, circuit, and rally races on the path to Baja supremacy.
- Supercharged Vehicles: Harness the horsepower of over 40 elite Trophy Trucks, 4×4’s and Buggies across eight varied vehicle classes.
- Epic Open Worlds: Stunning vistas, sheer cliffs, and towering mountains fill over 100 square miles of drive-to-horizon landscape.
- Horizontal Racing: Suspension, torque and horsepo wer are perfectly balanced to create the ultimate edge-of-control racing experience.
- Customization: Fine-tune the roar of your off-road machine with over 200 authentic vehicle parts.
- Multiplayer: Power past the competition in 4-player split screen and 12-player online racing.
Richard Browne, vice president of product development at THQ, didn’t hesitate to big up their new off-road racing title:
As the long-standing off-road racing leader, THQ is thrilled to bring something completely new to the off-road racing genre. With the level of detail in each vehicle, the vast open vistas and the most realistic off-road physics to date, BAJA will provide an unparalleled racing experience.
Baja is slated to come out this August on the Xbox 360 and PS3.