While going hands-on with Ubisoft’s console-centric real-time strategy game, Tom Clancy’s EndWar, Joystiq got word that the voice-controlled RTS will be hitting store shelves on the PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 14, followed by a PSP version at a later date. We’ve also embedded a brand new trailer and a short developer walkthrough which fills you in on factions, units, upgrades, and more.
Review the game’s key features below:
- Wage war without ever picking up a controller with the revolutionary voice command system.
- Experience a chillingly realistic vision of World War III in the fashion of the best techno-thrillers.
- Explore 40 stunningly realistic real-world battlefields set in Europe and the United States, including Washington D.C., Paris, and Moscow.
- Deeply customizable armies featuring unit ranks and hundreds of upgrades add up to endless replay value.
- Go to war online in a persistent multiplayer campaign with fully-customizable battalions and units.
- Watch the destruction unfold in spectacular detail in massive battles featuring hundreds of units and fully destructible environments.
Do you think EndWar can pull off the trick so many other consoles RTS games have failed at?